DENTAL LABS IN VIETNAM
In the past, dental clinics in Vietnam usually have a small place for manufacturing dental prostheses. However, the increasing demand for dental prostheses let everything start changing. Small businesses become big dental labs and invest in modern technology like milling machines and CAD/CAM systems to increase volume, decrease price, and improve quality.
This trend is also quickly approached by dental labs in Vietnam. Small workshops making teeth by hand turn into dental labs equipped with leading technology to meet domestic and foreign markets.
1. What is a dental lab?
Dental laboratories manufacture or customize various products that periodontists and dentists use for their patients – including crowns, bridges, dentures, and many other dental products.
Dental labs (working with direction from dentists and periodontists) create:
- Complete dentures for patients who are missing all of their teeth.
- Removable partial dentures or fixed bridges for patients who are missing only one or a few teeth.
- Crowns are caps for teeth that are designed to restore their original size and shape.
- Veneers that enhance the esthetics and function of the patient
- Orthodontic appliances and splints to help straighten and protect teeth
- Dental technicians work with various materials, including waxes, plastics, precious and non-precious alloys, stainless steel, a variety of porcelains, and composites or polymer glass combinations. Many technicians acquire skills in the use of sophisticated instruments and equipment while performing laboratory procedures. It is important for the technician to help create tooth replacements that are both attractive and functional.
2. Why is the dental lab important in dentistry?
Dental clinics always have a strong relationship with dental labs in creating quality and aesthetic prostheses provided to the customer. The dentist will provide images of the patient’s jaw, replacing position, chosen material, shade, and treatment method to the dental lab for further process.
Almost modern dental labs apply innovative CAD/CAM technology, printer, and milling machine for tooth manufacturing.
The dental technician uses CAD technology to imitate and design teeth based on the patient’s jaw on the computer. Any adjustments on the computer so that the prostheses match the stumps and harmonize with the overall teeth structure.
Scan finished files include two parts:
+ The design of the jaw and stump: The data will be transferred to the printer. The printers produce working jaw by the resin material.
+ The design of crowns: The data will be transferred to the milling machine. From here, the tiny crowns come out.
The prepared resin jaw, stump, and crown then comes to the dental technician. From here, they start complete shaping steps such as grinding, polishing, and staining
The vital role of dental labs in the dentistry field is as follows:
– Modern technology helps the dental labs get a high aesthetic crown compared to traditional hand-made
– Can produce high volume in a short time, patients no need to wait a long time like before
– The development of dental labs promotes price competition and gives a chance for the patient can approach quality and aesthetic crowns at a reasonable price.
– Dental labs always seek new materials and technology to improve the quality of the products. Thus, making a step forward for the dental industry
– Being the right hand of dentists, helping them deliver quality and aesthetic dental products to patients in the fastest time, thereby bringing more profit to the clinic.
3. Dental labs in VietNam
Dental labs in Vietnam equipped with modern technology have emerged in the past 10 years. The advantages of dental labs in Vietnam are abundant dental technicians and cultural characteristics “from father to son.” Almost all dental technicians observe and expose to teeth grinding skills from a very early age. That is why most families of dental technicians have generations of succession, creating a rich human resource. Besides, the hereditary value always has a particular advantage over the apprentice’s help.
With the development of the shipping industry, dental labs in Vietnam began to expand cooperation with lab centers and dental clinics overseas. The abundant human resources and competitive prices help Vietnamese laboratories have now been partners with many large foreign laboratories.
When foreign laboratories have concerns about quality, dental labs in Vietnamquickly prove the safety of products by FDA and CE standards suitable for export products.
Thanks to modern technology, the working process is more straightforward when customers only need to scan, send tooth files, and choose materials and tooth colors for the lab. Within 1-2 days, the labs will produce a complete denture product that meets the technical and aesthetic requirements and send it back to the customer.
In Vietnam, Xdent is a lab specializing in providing dental outsourcing services for international partners. With the experience of serving many foreign customers, we are confident in bringing you quality and aesthetic dental products at reasonable prices. You scan files, and we will design and manufacture complete dental prostheses.
You can learn more about us via: